Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm backkkkk!

Yes, I know. Again. I've been doing lots of little projects and whatnot around the house and I am ready to do some documenting! So I am going to attempt to get into the swing of things and routinely blog. Once again.

But for now . . I will blog my Parmesan Spinach & Mushroom Turkey meatballs recipe! I usually sort of cook 'to taste'. I rarely measure, unless I am baking. I get asked for recipes from time to time though and I am always all 'uhhhhhhh'. So I think I will start trying to actually jot down my recipes occasionally.

Anyways!


What you need:




1 lb Ground Turkey (or ground beef, if you prefer!)
1 cup of finely chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup of steam spinach (Side Note: Spinach holds a ton of moisture, so I find the best way to 'strain' it is to dump it into a clean towel and twist it 'dry'.)
1/3 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (You can use fresh garlic if you like! I'd do about two cloves.)
1 teaspoon of basil
Salt & pepper to taste!
and 1 egg!

I start with dumping my spinach & mushrooms into my ground turkey and mixing that up as best as possible. You wanna make sure you break up the spinach so you don't end up with it concentrated in one area. Next, I toss in all of my seasonings, cheese, breadcrumbs .. and give that a good mix. By now, it's probably pretty dry and not sticking together very well. So that's when I add my egg!



Once it's all mixed again, that egg should have helped the consistency! Then, get to rolling. I make mine about 1.5-2'' or so. Yields about 20 meatballs. :)



Into the oven they go, 350 degrees for 30 minutes. & voila!




Delish & probably my fave way to sneak my kiddos some of their 'less favorite' veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment