Monday, February 6, 2012

Light bulb!

I spent a couple hours last night playing catch up with my Project Life (which I will share .. probably tomorrow!) and then a light bulb went off! I have been neglecting my core kit that I originally thought would be the foundation of my layouts. I just don't really love it. It's really 'loud' and I love pieces of it . . but it's too uniform for me to use in every slot. Also, it came with a huge stack of these title/month cards that I have been struggling to figure out how to use. I think using them at the beginning of each weekly layout is just boring. So with the help of my new Martha Stewart lace punch . . I formed an idea!

I took a title card & chopped it in half. Then I used my punch and a couple plain grid cards to layer and get two super cute journaling cards!

That core kit suddenly has a whole lot of potential. Boyyyy do I love that punch! & with a sale and $5 off $5 coupon I scored it for just $5.49 at Michael's! A deal always makes a purchase that much more exciting.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment